Electric Motor EmulatorMotor Drive Inverter Testing
The E-Motor Emulator mimics the 4-quadrant electrical output of a 3-phase synchronous or induction motor/generator under user-controlled speed, torque and temperature conditions thereby simulating an electric drive train.
This electronic dynamometer, with facility requirements suitable for laboratory installations, offers significant advantages in test capabilities and flexibility with low
acquisition and operating costs.
THE ELECTRIC MOTOR EMULATOR (EME) HAS THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS AND ADVANTAGES:
- Supports multiple motor/generator characteristics in a single set of hardware. Unique machine types (PM and Induction) and characteristics (voltage/speed; inductance; thermal variations) are emulated based on User defined criteria.
- Compatible with most known PWM switching methods (space-vector, sine-triangle, LHC & others)
- Re-circulates power between the EME and Inverter Under Test thereby eliminating cost and complexity of re-circulating power back to facility mains. 208/380 or 480 VAC facility power sized for make-up power only (about 25% of system rating).
- Enables test under extreme operating conditions in a safe mode without harm to the Inverter or Test Equipment (high rate of change, overspeed, continuous overload conditions).
- Dual-mode operation
- Integral High-Voltage DC Supply (Isolated)
- Dual channel available for HEV, PHEV and EREV to drive more than one machine.
- Small footprint supports installation into laboratory and environmental test facilities with minimal exhaust heat.
- Scalable – single channel models from 50kW to 275kW. Dual channel up to 550kW
Advantages Of Using A D&V Electric Motor Emulator
STANDALONE INVERTER TEST SOLUTION – LAB SAFE – IDEAL FOR VALIDATION / ENDURANCE / PRODUCTION TESTING
• Integral HV & LV battery emulators
• Configurable internal motor models with drive cycle simulation
• P-HIL compatible with OpalRT real time simulation
• Over 70 user selectable DAC outputs provide system information including motor characteristics not available from real motor
CIRCULATES AC/DC POWER BETWEEN THE EME AND INVERTER
• Minimal facility requirements – power sized for make-up power only (about 25% of system rating)
• Enables small footprint / casters
• Low operating cost
• Ability to test overspeed, burst and locked rotor conditions
• Supports DPWM, SVM, Sine-Triangle, etc.
• Relocate – small footprint with casters supports positioning multiple units around environmental chamber
• Scalable from one up to four emulators connected in parallel (up to 1.1MW)
• Reconfigure for 3 up to 6 phase emulation
• Dual independent channels available to drive more than one machine
• Test with or without real battery pack
• Reconfigure to optimize for multiple voltage levels (48/350/800)
• Control from PC or test automation system