ST-120 End of Line and Production Testing
The ST-120 is a high speed, accurate, robust starter motor tester. This touch screen PC based machine is designed to achieve a high production rate with minimal tooling change over for End-of-Line production testing.
The ST-120 is available in ‘Standard’ and ‘Heavy Duty’ versions. Start-Stop and Change-of-Mind testing capabilities, flexible operation with automatic/manual connection tooling for a wide range of starters, high efficiency testing with industry leading cycle time and fast load/unload, and precision product diagnostics with state of the art data acquisition and processing are all main features of the ST-120.
- Measures more than 40 different starter parameters including performance curve, free run current and speed, solenoid current, contact voltage drop, “R” terminal function, coast down time, magnetic seal, pull-in & hold-in voltage/current, solenoid pull-in and release time for comprehensive production testing.
- Set load test conditions by speed, torque or current at fixed voltage or predefined battery for testing versatility.
- Industry leading technology with advanced diagnostic, high accuracy performance, free run speed, solenoid block, pinion movement (optional) and coast down (stop) tests.
- Tests starter, solenoid, drive, and pinion engage, disengage timing and optional pinion movement/retract test that can reveal faulty components or assembly errors.
- Solenoid “aging” function to seat the solenoid contacts.
- Performance test by step or sweep method with inertia compensation.
- Complete performance plot for less than 6 seconds reducing temperature related result variations and increased accuracy and consistency of results.
- Built in thermal compensation with optional part temperature infrared sensor.
- Built-in digital oscilloscope and precise waveform analysis to diagnose armature, commutator and brush problems.
- Scripting of test procedure provides complete control of test process.
- Optional sound and vibration analysis packages with order tracking and optional unsupervised automatic learning mode.
- ser configurable Pass and Fail labels and reports with performance curve plotting torque, power, speed, and voltage.
- Flexible Tooling with:
- Quick axial gear adjustment
- Adaptable contact head tooling
- Free run, block and pinion setup with no user input axial adjustments
- Quick release DUT tooling rings
- Designed from the ground up with operator health and safety in mind. The DUT loading point is close to the operator providing improved ergonomics with less lifting and movement.
- On screen, step by step user configurable installation and setup instructions for error-free operation and minimal training.
- The extra wide operator guard opening allows for full and easy access for the operator to load the DUT.
- Maximum efficiencies are maintained by the automatic starting of the test when the door is closed and after the test, the guard door is automatically opened. Operator timeout feature available.
- Effective material management. Programmable reject bin input, reject acknowledgement, marking device output, pass/fail labels and report generation.
- Tooling recognition by bar-coded components and hand held scanner eliminates setup errors.
- Computer controlled programmable 1500 Amp starter power (3000 Amp for ST-120HD), simulating 200 – 2000 CCA battery (0 – 30 milliohms).
- Computer controlled 120 Amp (240 Amps for ST120HD) programmable solenoid power supply.
- Available in many operating voltages (220 to 480V at 50/60 Hz).