This machine provides fully automated precise testing, specifically for large frame high output alternators for transit, bus, and coach applications.
The ALT-50DN is available with preheated oil circulating system for cooling and lubrication and also available with a pressurized air system to check seal integrity.
Direct Drive via rotor shaft, test alternators with pulley or save time by testing without installing a test pulley or via belt drive system for small frame alternators.Measures over 100 different alternator parameters. User configurable Pass and Fail printed reports and labels through a PC and the ALT Report program for virtually unlimited flexibility, or directly to a printer interface from the test-unit, both can include performance curve, oscilloscope pattern, and test results. Learning Mode records sample test results for easy setup of test specifications in just minutes
- Checks all alternator and voltage regulator terminals and functions such as computer control, soft start delay, feedback, under/over voltage indication, PCM control, load response control, tachometer frequency
- Simulates all signals to the alternator including on-board computer functions
- Measures turn on speed, ripple current, pulley size, input power, voltage regulator instability, stator voltage, reverse diode leakage, can test rectifier voltage drop, regulator saturation voltage, torque, and efficiency (optional)
- Up to 50HP computer controlled variable speed motor with high reliability Hitachi motor drive
- User configurable test procedures with test time from 10 seconds to 15 minutes or longer
- Measures full output performance curve in 15 seconds
The ALT-50DN has a large LCD screen for viewing test results, performance curves, and manual mode operation. Computer controlled up to 750 Amp load bank 6 – 42 Volt with resolution of 0.1V @ 12V. Separate enclosure to isolate electronic components from heat and vibration. Test result statistics are recorded for SPC or analysis Endurance test mode for component validation. A test spec database editor for windows. Includes universal harness and regulator test plugs for popular applications. Built-in calibration, automatic diagnostic, manual, and detailed report test modes.
Available in many working voltages (220 to 480V at 50/60 Hz)